• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo Amp/Tuner Value

Vistance

Super Member
Hey guys, just curious on the value of an Onkyo A-7 integrated amplifier and an Onkyo T-4 tuner paired together. Had a lead on this pair today, but the price seemed out of line - couldn't find any completed eBay listings to even get a feel for value, just a few that seem overpriced for what it is. It's a 65 wpc integrated, does have pre-out/main-in loops, seems reasonably well built. The seller was convinced it was worth a mint, I'm just curious what it's actually worth - as in my experience it doesn't seem like Onkyo equipment usually costs much.
 
Register to hide this ad
On April 6th an ebay seller in NE sold an A-7 for $46. However, the deal must have went through as it sold again a week later for crazy money...$278. And it wasn't bidded up by a bunch of noobies. All had feed back over 400 each. Maybe they were noobs to stereo gear.

To me, the A-4 is a good $50 dollar tuner. I had one paired with the A-5 and I purchased both separately on ebay for a total of $60 plus shipping to the West Coast. That's always the killer if it has to come from east of the Mississippi.

I gave the set to my brother-in-law this past Christmas, but I wish I would have given him the Marantz 2238B instead. They're very solid components.

Good Luck...
 
Back
Top Bottom