• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo CP-1044F not much info out there

Hula Daddy

New Member
I have a line on an Onkyo CP-1044F for a good price. I really cant find much info out there other then Vinylengine. The specs are respectable and seem to be better then my Marantz 6200


Any thoughts on if this would be an upgrade? I definitely does not look as cool as my Marantz, but wow and flutter semm to be significant and it is direct drive.

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/onkyo/cp-1044f.shtml

Specifications
Type: quartz locked direct drive fully automatic

Platter: 310mm aluminium diecast

Motor: brushless dc quartz direct drive

Speeds: 33 and 45rpm

Wow and flutter: 0.025% wrms

Signal to noise ratio: 75dB

Tonearm: static balanced straight type

Effective length: 224mm

Overhang: 13mm

Cartridge weight range: 5 to 9g

Dimensions: 418 x 376 x 132mm

Weight: 6.0kg
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a CP-1500F that looked very similar. It had some kind of strange bearing that just collapsed for no reason and I ended up trashing it. Mine was BPC. It seemed to be cheaply made. But I don't have any experience with the 1044F directly. You may have a total different experience.
 
Back
Top Bottom