There is a diff...Onkyo 1055F - 1057F
Hi Highping, I have the Integra 1057F, same table with the gold trim. It makes the same clicking sound during arm movement and cuing. It's just the servo mechanism making the noises you hear and not a defect. I can't say if the sound may have changed from when these were new 20+ years ago, but once the arm sets down on the record it is de-coupled from the mechanism and should be silent while playing. If it is you're good to go. This is a good quality table and with the right cartridge will give you sweet sound.
In your second photo I can see the anti-skate set at 2 while the counterweight is set at zero. If it really is then re-balance your arm and set both the same. Depending on your cartridge the average setting would be approx. 1.5 grams with 1.5 anti-skate.
Jim
I'm late for this tread BUT both of these table are still out there and making music.
First, the table are two separate models as suggested by their different model numbers (-: The gold trim, closer tolerances and better specification belong to the 1057F. Maybe like a run of Grado Silver Prestige cartridges with the top 5% of the batch sold as 'Gold' Prestige units.
The s/n for the 1055F is 78db while the 1057F will hit at least 80db just for example.
Anyway, the noise you are hearing (clicking sound) in NOT normal. Both of your tables should of been serviced. Age is/was the issue. My first 1057F had the same clicking problem/noise.
I didn't wait a minute to find a shop with some competence in analog repair. Wasn't easy, had to drive nearly 100 miles to find one (called around first of course). The service guy simply put on the repair bill 'serviced and adjust' and billed me, one hour of service.
This was about 4 years ago (still have and works great today) but the old grease was a problem and the cluing mechanism needed service. BTW these are pretty sophisticated turntables. I have two 1055F and two 1057F tables (all working great) and the service manual is good to have but the old saying 'No serviceable parts inside' is not just a saying but good advice.
I have pulled the feet and the bottom plate off all four table to get to the strobe display. Quite the assembly too but somehow the displays get dirt and dust under the display window and I like to keep things clean and tidy.
Hope you 2009 guy's got your tables running well and are still in-service for ya. Back to sleep...