• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo M-5060R blowing fuse

revenoor

Active Member
After many years of faithful service my amp now blows the left channel fuse occasionally. All wiring has been inspected with no speaker shorting detected but twice in the last couple of weeks when I power up the red thermal protection lights stay on and if I replace the fuse it works fine for a while and then out it goes on power up. I am running it thru a Monster 7000 power station with 118 volts displayed. This one powers my surrounds and the Pioneer M-90 and Onkyo M-504 plugged into the same circuit have no problems. I have the service manuls, any thoughts on what to check.

I have discovered that resistor R558 (R458 depicted on opposing channel in schematic) is over heating when powering up, it smoked. Well I attempted to attach service manual but it's too large. Looking for was to troubleshoot the root cause.
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom