cubby01
aka Buck
Hi all. My lovely wife stopped into a thrift on her outings today and picked up this Onkyo T-4055 tuner for me. I have several tuners but this one's got more extras than I'm used to, most I can figure out - It's got a "variable" output jacks in the back and a level control on the front panel, it's got a F-type antenna connector.
That ones I don't quite know yet are:
1) an RCA connector labeled "FM Det"?
2) a section on the back labeled "Multipath" that's got an "Audible" off/on switch, and two RCA connectors labeled "Oscilloscope Hor and Ver. What's that all about?
It's got some problems though. The easy one is the FM muting toggle is gone and it's apparently left in the ON position. The big problem is it doesn't seem to want to pick up anything at all on the left end of the dial. Scrolling across that end of the dial spits static. It will land on some stations but it's like the muting function is so sensitive on that end that you have to get the dial just so an then hold your breath while standing on one foot sorta thing.
I've read this was a good tuner in it's day. Opionions?
TIA
That ones I don't quite know yet are:
1) an RCA connector labeled "FM Det"?
2) a section on the back labeled "Multipath" that's got an "Audible" off/on switch, and two RCA connectors labeled "Oscilloscope Hor and Ver. What's that all about?
It's got some problems though. The easy one is the FM muting toggle is gone and it's apparently left in the ON position. The big problem is it doesn't seem to want to pick up anything at all on the left end of the dial. Scrolling across that end of the dial spits static. It will land on some stations but it's like the muting function is so sensitive on that end that you have to get the dial just so an then hold your breath while standing on one foot sorta thing.
I've read this was a good tuner in it's day. Opionions?
TIA
Last edited: