• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Oops! We ran into some problems. Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Lux Man

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone else get this quite a bit? I will get it on both PC's and my phone. I typically use Firefox and if I get the message no matter how many times I retry I can't get in. If I then switch to Google I can get in but then next time Google may not work. Same experience with Brave. So there are some work arounds but it can be a little trying. If this isn't common to anyone else I'll just deal with it.
 
Register to hide this ad
This is normal behaviour on most, if not all, Xenforo forums. I generally see it if I attempt to post after being away for a while. I think it's triggered if you attempt to post when the current page has changed but not if your post will end up on the page you were originally viewing. Can't tell you whether it's triggered by liking a post or whatever because I just refresh and carry on.
 
Anyone else get this quite a bit? I will get it on both PC's and my phone. I typically use Firefox and if I get the message no matter how many times I retry I can't get in. If I then switch to Google I can get in but then next time Google may not work. Same experience with Brave. So there are some work arounds but it can be a little trying. If this isn't common to anyone else I'll just deal with it.
Hello, I just had this happen to me as I just joined this site on Saturday and was doing the email conformation that did not work until today. Seems OK now and I am on the site so not sure what happened. Will update if it happens again.

Cheers
 
The reason you need to press "BACK" is that you are no longer on the forum page that you were viewing. You are on the page that is displaying the message. You can press "BACK" or you can press the X in the top corner of the error message. Either will put you back on the forum page, which you can now refresh. If you refresh before you get rid of the error message, you are simply refreshing the error message. You can provoke a similar error message by attempting to upload an image with a disallowed character in the name, such as an apostrophe.

I've opened a tab for another Xenforo forum on my MacBookAir, which I will now leave for a couple of days. When I go back to it, I'll see if the behaviour can be provoked. The behaviour is a feature of Xenforo, not one browser or another, but for the record, MacBookAir 15", M3, 2024, running Tahoe 26.5, using Safari.
 
The reason you need to press "BACK" is that you are no longer on the forum page that you were viewing. You are on the page that is displaying the message. You can press "BACK" or you can press the X in the top corner of the error message. Either will put you back on the forum page, which you can now refresh. If you refresh before you get rid of the error message, you are simply refreshing the error message. You can provoke a similar error message by attempting to upload an image with a disallowed character in the name, such as an apostrophe.

I've opened a tab for another Xenforo forum on my MacBookAir, which I will now leave for a couple of days. When I go back to it, I'll see if the behaviour can be provoked. The behaviour is a feature of Xenforo, not one browser or another, but for the record, MacBookAir 15", M3, 2024, running Tahoe 26.5, using Safari.
Well, with all that said, I never saw any of this until 3-6 months ago and now it’s pretty much every day. I have totally gone to a different website and then come back to make sure that my page was reloaded but the same thing happens.

I’m wondering if I posted this in the wrong thread in order to get a response from an administrator, who might actually know. Usually, I just go away and come back another day and then it works if I try enough options. Maybe it’s on my end. Just odd that it didn’t start until a few months ago.
 
First error I've received in a couple months...a 503 server error initially, also pic uploads and page changes are lagging.
 
Things are more messed up than ever before. Tonight I tried to log into my account. I could not get in. Instead I went to my email and there was a notice that both my email and password have been changed. How is that even possible? Have I been hacked. Had to start a new account so that I could get in and contact the mods about this. I am really confused right now. What happened to my account? I hope they can fix it...
 
I was hacked. Then they used my account to put up an ad for a Marantz in Barter Town. Someone took the bait and paid out $1200. But it looks like they used Paypal so hopefully they can get their money back. Wow. An old password and a new scam...

It is now sorted but always remember to change those passwords. They will find a way to use them to scam people.
 
dd36c3ec-17b4-4b3a-877e-49a2fee8c95d.jpg

Click on the alpha-numeric line to enlarge it.
 
I kept getting "429 - Too Many Requests" errors last night, for several minutes at a time. Guessing we're getting bombarded by bots again... :rant:

EDIT: Got it again! :mad:
Screen Shot 2026-05-20 at 11.44.22 PM.png

EDIT AGAIN: I have a bad feeling my problem may be linked to the Official AK Chatroom (which is still a thing). I'll start my own thread.
-Adam
 
Last edited:
Getting the "oops" routine again when I try to do anything reactive, but I can at least read content. DDG via Samsung android phone. I log in via the dreaded google, everything works! Haven't been able to log in via Brave for a long time now.:dunno:
 
That's all I use and really never have any problems on here.

And I don't remember dreading it at any time :p
On some sites, logging on using Apple or Google accounts is the only way. The proprietary login often doesn't work, for God only knows what reason.

bc2b2eb4-e439-4142-9f71-b31679346b12.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom