• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Opinion on Jensen RF 109 horn

mr.jones

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Opinion on Jensen RP 109 horn

I have seen a few opinions on this horn driver that turns up in the occasional Maggie console. The few that I saw on AK slammed them pretty badly but I found a few favorable opinions on AK and other sites. I have a pair of these that I am thinking about using with some Jensen Duax 12'' and am trolling for more feedback. Anyone like these or are maybe just indifferant to them? Some of the AK opinions were pretty darn harsh and I am trying to reconsile the rather wide range of opinions. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I presume you mean RP-109? They are decent enough, IMO. Not too extended, of course, but they don't sound bad. An EV T-35 sounds bad :-(
 
I presume you mean RP-109? They are decent enough, IMO. Not too extended, of course, but they don't sound bad. An EV T-35 sounds bad :-(

Thanks for the correction. And thanks for your opinion . When you say they lack extension are they lacking in the lower frequencies? I was thinking about using a higher frequency high pass crossover .
 
no, HF extension. probably only 14 kHz or something like that. Even the somewhat more "respectable" RP-103 only goes to something like 16 kHz, as I recall.
 
What would be the bottom limit frequency-wise (crossover point and slope) that people have used these with DIY.

Most of the original designs are not what I consider optimum.

Looking for info here....

Ron
 
I dunno. I am thinking that they were crossed at about 4 kHz in the Maggotbox consoles; the higher the better (especially if the XO is first order). Digging around here (AK) will likely turn up some hard info.
 
Back
Top Bottom