• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Opinions on a Pioneer PD-F1009 CD changer

bladerunner6

New Member
i prefer to listen to my CD’s and while I play them on my modern BD player I was thinking about getting a used CD player and I found this.

Any opinions on its sound quality and reliability, please?

I can get it for $10.

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Geez, 10 bucks for a 300+1 CD changer? How can you go wrong? Even if it only works for a year, you've gotten your money's worth.

I don't know how old it is, but I do note that it has the modern Pioneer logo, so probably no more than 20 years or so.
 
I have a Pioneer 100 disc changer that works and sounds great. No experience with the 300 units, but I'd buy that before you could blink your eyes for that price. IF it works.
 
Geez, 10 bucks for a 300+1 CD changer? How can you go wrong? Even if it only works for a year, you've gotten your money's worth.

I don't know how old it is, but I do note that it has the modern Pioneer logo, so probably no more than 20 years or so.
April 2001. I am going to compare it to how it sounds to my blu-Ray player.

But it definitely works and I can use my Harmony remote with it.
 
Good that you found it works. That's a real bargain price for a working 301 disc changer. Harmony remotes are wonderous - but I find them less intuitive to use than the Pioneer remotes. Of course the Pioneer remotes have hundreds of little buttons you can't read at night...

What are you connecting this to? If it's a Pioneer receiver, the remote for that can run their attached CD changers. You need to run a cable from the "control" output on the back of the receiver to the "control" input on the back of the changer.
 
Good that you found it works. That's a real bargain price for a working 301 disc changer. Harmony remotes are wonderous - but I find them less intuitive to use than the Pioneer remotes. Of course the Pioneer remotes have hundreds of little buttons you can't read at night...

What are you connecting this to? If it's a Pioneer receiver, the remote for that can run their attached CD changers. You need to run a cable from the "control" output on the back of the receiver to the "control" input on the back of the changer.
It is connected to my Denon AVR-1912 via some audio cables. I am wondering if a optical cable might provide better fidelity.
 
It is connected to my Denon AVR-1912 via some audio cables. I am wondering if a optical cable might provide better fidelity.
It might, the Denon's DAC is 10 years newer. But I don't know how much advancement in DAC quality there has been since then. If you don't already have an optical cable, just get a cheap one on eBay or Amazon. No need to spend a lot.
 
It might, the Denon's DAC is 10 years newer. But I don't know how much advancement in DAC quality there has been since then. If you don't already have an optical cable, just get a cheap one on eBay or Amazon. No need to spend a lot.
That is exactly what I did. I found a highly rated US seller on eBay and ordered a cable.
 
Back
Top Bottom