• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Opinions on Carver Amazing platinum speakers

Bummer on the rattling speakers but hopefully the amp works. Emotiva amps are pretty decent IMO.
Doesn't look like you are hurting for speakers either - what are the horns?
 
Those are speakers I built. Lambda TD15m woofers, round tractrix horn with JBL 2441 compression drivers, and big ass Heil AMTs.
 
I got them set up yesterday and the ribbons rattle so loud I can barely here music. Totally ripped off.
You weren’t able to listen to them before purchasing? That’s always a do not buy for me. Hoping you can find a way to get them working properly. I wish you well.
 
I have had those speakers. They sounded nice, but my Maggies sound so much better. I had the largest Carvers in oak. For the amount of bass, they were supposed to have, they never delivered expectations without the use of my Velodyne 15-inch sub. Ran them with a 500 wpc amp, so the power was available. Bass was ok, but never as strong as I thought it should be, until the Velodyne was added. Had them for a couple of years and then the tweeters started sounding harsh and crackling noises prompted me to sell them. A guy from D.C. came and picked them up and placed them in his pickup. With hindsight, they are attractive speakers and very rare these days. Mine were perfect cosmetically. I liked the sound but would still again purchase the Maggies I have. I have had the Maggies since 2006 and have never had a problem with them. Changed out the Velodyne subwoofer to a 15 inch Rhythmic and just about have audio nirvana.
 
Back
Top Bottom