• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

OPPO BDP-83 vs Denon RCD-CX1 for sacd /cd playing component of my set up

blame vinyl

Member
Hi generous and knowledgeable AK members. I've discovered I have a conundrum... I'm getting more confused

I want to hear some high quality DSD...


My current player options are

--Denon RCD-CX1 CD/SACD playing amp ( used model, came out in 2008 , but this would have to function as a pre amp out for the SACD signal into my SANSUI as there are no outputs for this unit to function as a cd/sacd player),​

--A Used OPPO BDP-83 been in storage for 10 years.... which converts DSD internally and I'd connect it as an AUX to my sansui​


it sounds like the Denon might produce a better sound but I'll never hear it through my Sansui's pre amp
 
Register to hide this ad
It looks like the Denon RCD-CX1 has preamp outputs as well as speaker outputs. I would expect that the preamp analog outputs would be properly decoded (SACD) two-channel stereo that could be fed into another amplifier. For best sound quality, the speaker level outputs on the RCD-CX-1 might give the best SACD decoded sound.
 
It looks like the Denon RCD-CX1 has preamp outputs as well as speaker outputs. I would expect that the preamp analog outputs would be properly decoded (SACD) two-channel stereo that could be fed into another amplifier. For best sound quality, the speaker level outputs on the RCD-CX-1 might give the best SACD decoded sound.
The Denon also has a record output through RCA that should function like a CD output. It sounds like the oppo was barely used but I'll be testing the Denon tonight
 
Interesting, that Denon appears to be a receiver with a built-in CD/SACD player.

I have two OPPO BDP-103 and love them. OPPO products are about as versatile as you can get and the products are high quality. Even though they no longer make players, they still service them. With the OPPO player you will also be able to play DVDs (less important for a music format) and blu-ray, which has taken over from SACD for multi-channel music. Since you already have a Sansui reciver/amp, not sure why you'd get a receiver with a built-in SACD player just to output to your Sansui?
 
Interesting, that Denon appears to be a receiver with a built-in CD/SACD player.

I have two OPPO BDP-103 and love them. OPPO products are about as versatile as you can get and the products are high quality. Even though they no longer make players, they still service them. With the OPPO player you will also be able to play DVDs (less important for a music format) and blu-ray, which has taken over from SACD for multi-channel music. Since you already have a Sansui reciver/amp, not sure why you'd get a receiver with a built-in SACD player just to output to your Sansui?
As of last May they are no longer accepting units for repair or service.
 
Interesting, that Denon appears to be a receiver with a built-in CD/SACD player.

I have two OPPO BDP-103 and love them. OPPO products are about as versatile as you can get and the products are high quality. Even though they no longer make players, they still service them. With the OPPO player you will also be able to play DVDs (less important for a music format) and blu-ray, which has taken over from SACD for multi-channel music. Since you already have a Sansui reciver/amp, not sure why you'd get a receiver with a built-in SACD player just to output to your Sansui?
I've decided to just download sacd files to play dsd through the computer... I only own 2 sacd's... just gotta find "lets get it on" and " court and spark" in dsd online.

The Denon had a "record out" that would have worked to send to the aux in on the sansui... but considering the age of the player and no info on how much it was used , i bailed.

I also found a box to convert my blue ray player's dsd output to i2s and take then into a DAC for about 200$ less than the oppo... but the oppo was only used 6 times, then boxed... still tempting
 
I also found a box to convert my blue ray player's dsd output to i2s and take then into a DAC for about 200$ less than the oppo... but the oppo was only used 6 times, then boxed... still tempting
You should be able to find a better deal on an Oppo if you are patient. I bought two BDP-103 players in the last year. One without remote (but otherwise complete with the box) cost me $180 (AK Bartertown) and the other fully complete was $240 (e-bay).
 
Back
Top Bottom