• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Optomica sa5151 no bias 0mv

Oscar23

Active Member
I have an optimica sa 5151 when I got it it was stuck in protection I changed the outputs with mj21193/94 replaced 2sb649 and 669 with KSa1220 and ksc2690 and some fuse resistor the amp now comes out of protection but the one chanel is very low barely able to hear it and the bias is reading 0mv
 
Register to hide this ad
No bias at all 0 MV it does come out of protection it didn't before how do I test a transistor at the junction ?
 
the voltage readings will help if you can do it safely with a clip on probe . or probe taped up right to the end so tiny bit showing that cant cause short circuits .
black - probe to chassis ground .
 
Ok I've never done it live always wanted to figure out how to do it safely thank you so just use the reading on the as schematic
 
interesting design of this amp .. am more familiar with regular ab amps . those voltages when you get them will a tale .
 
It's built like a tank huge I've never seen an amp built like this. So much room and weights a ton. I figured the space would make it nice to learn on
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170625_092556936.jpg
    IMG_20170625_092556936.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25
Well I finally got the new outputs and those voltages
502 b 50.5v
C .5v
E 51.5
504 b -51
C -.3
E -51.5
509 b 0
C- .3
E 0
510 b 0
C-51
E 0
Any help would be appreciated I'm at a loss
 
quick look says you are at least missing collector voltage at q509 should be about 51v by the looks of it .maybe a broken trace on the board
 
Back
Top Bottom