• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ortofon Concorde Arkiv vs. Gold vs. Nightclub

Crepajac

Vinyl Enthusiast
Greetings, good people!
As the topic itself says, which of them is the most comprehensive cartridge for transferring music from a favourite vinyl record to PC in .wav format and then "burning" it all in form of an Audio-CD?
Comparing their specifications (more on www.ortofon.com), they all have a "Special Elliptical" stylus type (r/R 13/25 µm), recommended tracking force 3.0 grams and a frequency response 20-20.000 Hz. Only the output voltage varies from 6 mV (Arkiv & Gold) to 8 mV (Nightclub).
I know, I know, why don't I find something better...
Well, in the country where I live, it's simply impossible to order something on import, 'cause there's no guarantee it will arrive at all, not to mention damage or having your money back in case of dissatisfaction...
To be honest, my biggest wish is a Stanton 681 EEE Mk III cartridge with its glamorous D6800 EEE Mk III Stereohedron Stylus, but the best I can do is choose from those three above which are available here.
Maybe, come better times, I might have a chance to find the 681, but until then, the Concorde has to do the job.
So, let's sum it up - what are your personal opinions according the three cartridges in question?
Eagerly awaiting your answers...
 
Register to hide this ad
I tested. The DJ E cartridge has a better frequency response then its audiophile counterparts. The tradeoff is slightly more tracking, 2.0 grams. The NightClub should do equally well. My Arkiv should be in the mail today ‘cause the reasonable price for the kit and worth trying.

Most of us don’t hear above 16 kHz but higher frequency does affect what we do hear- making smoother music.


xcqcgg.gif


21kju35.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom