• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ortofon speakers

That is where I would have pointed you. Also search for and read some threads here, there are some helpful posts. But first confirm what the issue is if possible.
 
Is there a way to determine whether a tweeter has ferrofuild or not?

I contacted Scanspeak and they have no records old enough to confirm yes/no, for the 445 tweeter which is model # D2008

Scanspeak still make replacements for these, they are available with/without ferrofluid: model D2008

https://www.scan-speak.dk/?s=d2008&post_type=product

says the the non-ferro fluid has a vented pole piece on that page. Hmm I wonder if the originals would have been vented as well? and if so, i it visible without taking the dome off?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom