• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Oscar or Emmy?

qdrone

Music is my mistress
The Oscar Committee will weigh in on is a movie made for Streaming worthy of an Oscar or an Emmy. Is a movie made for Streaming ( Netflix,Hulu,Prime etc) a Movie made for Television? The Emmy is for Television, The Oscar is for movies made for General release to the public at Theatres. Interesting take.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I must be missing something; to me a movie made for streaming is made to stream to a television or home theater setup. That makes is worthy of the Emmy and movies made for theatrical release are eligible for Oscar nominations.

Why is this confusing to the powers that be? :dunno:
 
I must be missing something; to me a movie made for streaming is made to stream to a television or home theater setup. That makes is worthy of the Emmy and movies made for theatrical release are eligible for Oscar nominations.

Why is this confusing to the powers that be? :dunno:
I'm with you, I think streaming services are trying to garner the Oscar prestige. Wasnt the movie Rosa made for Netflix or Amazon? It was up for an Oscar this year.
 
I'm with you, I think streaming services are trying to garner the Oscar prestige. Wasnt the movie Rosa made for Netflix or Amazon? It was up for and Oscar this year.
Yep, it's getting pretty confusing with all this criss-crossing going on.

FYI, I think you meant to say Roma.
 
Back
Top Bottom