• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Outrageous Zep Vinyl!

Quagh

Super Member
I've bought a couple albums from Acoustic Sounds in the past. Good service, smooth shipping, well packed, etc.

However, something I've noticed in the last couple months has been Stratospheric prices for certain albums. To Wit......Led Zep's Houses of the Holy, 200g EVX Quiet Vinyl for.....$274.99. Led Zep III @ $99.00, Physical Graffiti at $174. etc, etc. What gives with this? I haven't heard any production numbers and that could well be part of it but if that were the case, wouldn't they point that out? $50.00 I could see. $100 or more......they have to be targeting the Boomers that have done REALLY, REALLY WELL with their lives into retirement to justify that.

I'm all for buying certain albums for various reasons but this is just beyond my comprehension. Any theories as to what's going on?
 
Register to hide this ad
just looking at zeppelin records last nite on amazon i noticed the same thing,if you need presence,coda or the song remains the same they are reasonable but zeppelin I, thru physical graffiti are thru the roof with reissues costing as much as originals if not more. crazy.
 
For "Houses Of The Holy" look for a reasonably clean copy with RL (Robert Ludwig) in the deadwax. These sound very nice and mine only set me back less than $10.
 
By comparison, the Stones Box set from Amazon (and add Lit It Bleed) is a bargain! Also Hendrix stuff is very reasonable if you're into that too. I could see $50 for Nat King Cole or some others but then $100 for a Holly Cole album?! NO!

Where's everybody buying new stuff now? The 180 and 200g re-issues do sound great.

Hell even the 180g version of DSOTM is only 29 and you can find Animals UK version for 13.99!
 
Back
Top Bottom