• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Packing a Tube Tuner

wdug

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I’m planning to put my Fisher FM-100-B tube tuner up for sale soon. It does not have a case. I’m looking for advice on how to pack. Should I:
1) Remove all the tubes and wrap and pack separately?
2) Remove just the three tubes that don’t have metal covers and leave the others installed?
3) Leave all tubes in place and fashion something to keep the exposed tubes from being pressed down by bubble wrap, etc.?
Any feedback is appreciated… this piece has been working for 45 years, and I want it to arrive at its new home in the same condition it leaves mine.
 
Register to hide this ad
wdug said:
I’m planning to put my Fisher FM-100-B tube tuner up for sale soon. It does not have a case. I’m looking for advice on how to pack. Should I:
1) Remove all the tubes and wrap and pack separately?
2) Remove just the three tubes that don’t have metal covers and leave the others installed?
3) Leave all tubes in place and fashion something to keep the exposed tubes from being pressed down by bubble wrap, etc.?
Any feedback is appreciated… this piece has been working for 45 years, and I want it to arrive at its new home in the same condition it leaves mine.

Hi Doug, I'll chime in. I would recommend removing all the tubes you can and package them in a seperate padded container to allow for no movement or chaffing of the contents. Use a large plastic jam jar with open cell foam wedges inside, nice & strong and light too. Orient the jar vertically for greatest strength. Be mindful to not wipe off the I.D. marks on the tube during handling. A rule of thumb for packaging is to remember most damage to a carton comes from the top and/or bottom, so reinforce accordingly.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom