Hi All,
I am new to Vintage audio so please understand some of my questions might be simple. I bought a Vintage realistic SA-200 amplifier that I fell in love with its looks. I am looking to pair up two sets of speakers with it but want to make sure they are appropriately powered. Specs for the amplifier and speakers are below. I would appreciate all advice and opinions.
Amp Specifications
Power output: 55 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
Frequency response: 20Hz to 70kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
Input sensitivity: 2.6mV (MM), 165mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 65dB (MM), 85dB (line)
Channel separation: 50dB (line)
Output: 200mV (line)
Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
Tannoy Revolution 2 specs(I own this)
Enclosure Type: 2 way ported hfdb.co/5111.php
Recommended Amplifier: 20 - 150 Watts
Frequency Response: 44Hz - 20kHz
Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
Sensitivity: 88dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Dimensions: 170 x 920 x 235mm (Width x Height x Depth)
Weight: 13kg
Year: 1999 - 2003
Paradigm studio 40 R2(Probably buying but concerned they might not be powered adequately when running both sets)
Power Handling (RMS): 180 Watts
Frequency Response: 59Hz - 22kHz
Sensitivity (dB): 91dB
Impedance (Ohms): 8 Ohms
Weight (lbs): 40 lbs
Dimensions (w/h/d): 21-1/2 x 8-1/4 x 12in.
Description: 3 driver, 2-1/2-way
Thank you!
I am new to Vintage audio so please understand some of my questions might be simple. I bought a Vintage realistic SA-200 amplifier that I fell in love with its looks. I am looking to pair up two sets of speakers with it but want to make sure they are appropriately powered. Specs for the amplifier and speakers are below. I would appreciate all advice and opinions.
Amp Specifications
Power output: 55 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
Frequency response: 20Hz to 70kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
Input sensitivity: 2.6mV (MM), 165mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 65dB (MM), 85dB (line)
Channel separation: 50dB (line)
Output: 200mV (line)
Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
Tannoy Revolution 2 specs(I own this)
Enclosure Type: 2 way ported hfdb.co/5111.php
Recommended Amplifier: 20 - 150 Watts
Frequency Response: 44Hz - 20kHz
Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
Sensitivity: 88dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Dimensions: 170 x 920 x 235mm (Width x Height x Depth)
Weight: 13kg
Year: 1999 - 2003
Paradigm studio 40 R2(Probably buying but concerned they might not be powered adequately when running both sets)
Power Handling (RMS): 180 Watts
Frequency Response: 59Hz - 22kHz
Sensitivity (dB): 91dB
Impedance (Ohms): 8 Ohms
Weight (lbs): 40 lbs
Dimensions (w/h/d): 21-1/2 x 8-1/4 x 12in.
Description: 3 driver, 2-1/2-way
Thank you!