• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Paradigm 11seMK3 woofers for B&O s45?

Ibemiked

Active Member
So I recently picked up a bunch of really nice used gear but unfortunately with the package was only 1 Paradigm 11seMk3 Speaker.. I got all this gear together for a great deal. My question is can I use the 2 8" woofers from the Paradigm speaker for my Bang & Olufsen s45 speakers? They are the 2 way version. I believe they say 4-8 ohms on the back. The paradigms have 2 8" and since I only have one I was wanting to use the 8s for the Bang & Olufsens I have that need refoamed. If I did this would the crossovers in the B&Os work for these woofers? Is this a bad idea or not please help? Should I make the switch or just refoam the B&Os?
 
Register to hide this ad
Even if the impedances match, you're much better off refoaming the original woofers. There are many other woofer specs besides impedance, and the chances that the Paradigm woofers will match tbe B&Os is practically nil.
 
Will definitely refoam The B&Os.. Can anyone tell me a way I can use these Paradigm speakers though? I have 3 other Speaker sets that have 8" woofers, 80s KLH 2 ways (not sure of model #) Wharfedale W30d, & Boston Acoustics CR9s.. All 3 of these are 2 way speakers with 8" woofers.. I also have the Cerwin Vega 15ts they have an 8" midrange.. I really want To use the Paradigm speakers somehow! I will purchase new crossovers if necessary.. Maybe I should just use the Paradigm in a 6.1 setup as the rear center.. just don't have space for it in my living room..
 
Orphan speakers such as this are a frequent topic of discussion here, but there's no one good solution as far as what to do with them (and being so large, there are very few people who'd be able to use one as a front center). You could hang onto it and wait for another to turn up, you could try to sell it as-is, or you could try parting it out and selling the drivers individually. Trying to use the woofers in an existing speaker will almost definitely result in sound that's inferior to the original.
 
Thanks Swechsler! I figured this would probably be the case.. I have the single Paradigm hooked up in my basement.. It's a great sounding speaker! I'll probably just hold on to it & look
For another pair.. In my bachelor days I would of used it as a center channel but those days are only a memory..
 
If the bolt patterns line up using the Paradigm woofers in something else, you can always try. But, you need to make sure the impedance is correct if using them in something else. Looking at the 11se Mk3 specs, it says they are "compatible with 8-ohms" which tells me that, most likely, those are 4-ohm woofers wired in series in each cabinet.
 
Back
Top Bottom