• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Paradigm Mini Monitor 3v3 Tweaks

Hamish490

New Member
I have a pair of Paradigm Mini Monitor 3v3 and have recapped them with a definite improvement in clarity. Given the number of these speakers that have sold over the years there is not much out there on tweaking these speakers (I know, I've Goolgled it extensively).

Has anyone had any success with tweaking these? A while back I spoke with Vince Naeve at AudioProz and he thinks that the drivers in these speakers are exceptional and thinks highly of them and they are prime candidates for tweaking.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Hamish
 
Register to hide this ad
As a follow-up, I reversed the polarity on the tweeters and got a much more enhanced soundstage. The Paradigm website states that this speaker has a 3rd Order crossover, but looking at it, it looks like a 2nd Order with a notch filter. I'm no expert on crossovers, but now I'm a little confused. From what I can gather from the web (so it must be true) 2nd Orders typically run reversed polarity on the tweeters, which is why I tried reversing them. Has anyone had any experience with these or has anyone tried a different crossover?
 
Back
Top Bottom