Schmidlapper
Super Member
Question; does matching input impedance to the source carry more weight, than matching output impedance with the amp?
Clearly the load to the amp is variable not fixed, and 0 ohms is never going to be a 10 to 1 load. I have been charting a few possible R1, R2 combinations and there are combos that optimize output z at the expense of input z.
I actually have the 11K, 100K ready to go as has been suggested, but thought I would learn something by doing an analysis with my realities.
My setup is a 2 Vmax, 100 ohm source (Airport Express) and a 450K amp load (Maggie 8802), and now I am trying to weight the results of best Zin, Zout, attenuator adjustability.
Passive Pre Resistance values w/ 2 volts in max *Source Z is ignored in formulas.
Max Zout, Mid Zout, Min Zin, R2 full, R2 mid, Max Vout, Mid Vout, Mid Vol %
9,910, 5,238, 11000, 100000, 10000, 1.80, 0.95, 53%,
Clearly the load to the amp is variable not fixed, and 0 ohms is never going to be a 10 to 1 load. I have been charting a few possible R1, R2 combinations and there are combos that optimize output z at the expense of input z.
I actually have the 11K, 100K ready to go as has been suggested, but thought I would learn something by doing an analysis with my realities.
My setup is a 2 Vmax, 100 ohm source (Airport Express) and a 450K amp load (Maggie 8802), and now I am trying to weight the results of best Zin, Zout, attenuator adjustability.
Passive Pre Resistance values w/ 2 volts in max *Source Z is ignored in formulas.
Max Zout, Mid Zout, Min Zin, R2 full, R2 mid, Max Vout, Mid Vout, Mid Vol %
9,910, 5,238, 11000, 100000, 10000, 1.80, 0.95, 53%,
Last edited: