• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pat 5 rca upgrade.

Robint

Super Member
I have a Dynaco Pat 5 preamp modified by Van Alstine. I decided to upgrade the rca jacks with the gold plated ones from Qualco.
Unfortunately I have decided I don't have the visual acuity and skill to do the replacement. Therefore does anyone know of a tech
in the Lexington KY area who could do the work?

Thanks,
 
Register to hide this ad
I hear you with the eyesight thing. I have to wear a magnifier headset thing to solder anything detailed at this point.

Do you mean all the RCA jacks or just a few that are worn out or oxidized and cause connection problems? Maybe just some D5 and magic eraser?
 
Replacing both sets of jacks with gold plated ones. If need be I will get out the magnifying glasses!
 
Back
Top Bottom