• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Percentage of income spent on McIntosh gear

What percentage of your early income have you spent on McIntosh gear/audio system

  • 1-15%

    Votes: 34 69.4%
  • 15-25%

    Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 25-35%

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 35-50%

    Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Over 50%

    Votes: 4 8.2%

  • Total voters
    49
I voted, but would say that this is a somewhat misleading poll. As one's income goes up, the relative spend goes down. I'd guess that %15 of yearly income to Masterlu would likely buy a damn fine house for the rest of us (or at least be a darn good down payment).

I'd suggest a poll of absolute dollars spent on equipment. That would give people the ability to judge their investment relative to other's more accurately. Of course, we'd need an "unlimited" category that would have at least 1 vote ... :scratch2:
 
I voted, but would say that this is a somewhat misleading poll. As one's income goes up, the relative spend goes down. I'd guess that %15 of yearly income to Masterlu would likely buy a damn fine house for the rest of us (or at least be a darn good down payment).
It's all relative, that's why some people buy Hondas and other Ferraris. McIntosh has $3k preamps and they also have $17k ones as well. Hardcore dollars only tell you the dollar amount, it doesn't tell you anything about ratio of your hobby to yearly income ratio. If one makes $100k a year, but spent $50k on a system while another makes $1mil and spent $100k on a system, that's 50% vs. 10%.
 
Back
Top Bottom