• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Perfect amp for those Minimus 7's that everyone loves??

Aiwa made some very beefy little micro systems, I believe they were dubbed X22. I used to own it, very well made. However, my Toshiba/Aurex micro separates sound far better IMO, plus they put out 55 WPC.
 
ElectroVoice EV1179 receiver might be a good choice, I'll have to try it out.

Right now I have a Lafayette LA-750 amp and LT-725 tuner combo driving mine as my bench system for testing.
 

Attachments

  • LafayetteLA750Ad.jpg
    LafayetteLA750Ad.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 202
yamahammer said:
barely see them next to my 2015 7w 's actually three sitting on top of my cr 620 waiting to get into action cute little stands made for the 7's and 77's with the marantz pic

I dig those stands. Where did u get them? I've always wanted mini-wooden stands for the 7w.
 
I also have this amp. Picked it up at the SA a couple of months ago for $3.50. It's cute, handy coupled with a tiny MP3 player to take with you when you go out to audition speakers for sale whose reputation you know, just to see if they work.
 
The best match for the Minimus Sevens that I have dealt with is the Advent 300 receiver. They look great together and sound great together! I have the 77's also. They are larger than the 7's and sound a good bit better in the bass region. The 15 watts from the 300 is plenty of power! A great match! I show the Advent 300 with a pair of white Sevens and a pair of black Seventy Sevens Best! Franksta

Advent300system4_edited.jpg
 
Last edited:
Franksta said:
The best match for the Minimus Sevens that I have dealt with is the Advent 300 receiver.

You took the words out of my mouth. I have never heard the combo, but that amp came to mind first when I saw the question.
 
Wow, how funny this thread should come up not. Not only a few days ago I was pondering a tiny amp for my computer system. I had some micro components a long time ago, although I have totally forgotten the brand and model. They were actually pretty nice. I've yet been able to find anything on Ebay that fits my needs.

Can anyone suggest some micro amps that pop up on eBay often?
 
the sonic t amp isn't really 15wpc. it'll die at a constant 15wpc. from what i read about it, it can clip at many points around 6-9 wpc.
 
t-amp

I also read its really a solid 5 wpc. The Super T is a small bit more, has better everything though. super T is not cheap like these others are cheap.

Those minimus 7s are looking bettter now than during my first post, didnt mean to neg out on them.

I want that RS STA-7, and the Advent too. My desk has a nine inch space for one.

I want an actual museum all to myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom