• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Phase Linear 400 II resto/mod.

Nice to see a Phase Linear crowd and all the cool pics! My 400 didn't have LEDs but I installed a board that had them cause I liked the blue.

Glad you got everything figured out over at the other forum. It is an amazing wealth of knowledge and will direct you where to go with your project

FYI the WO boards do not assume full comp. When I got my board it came with two separate instructions based upon quasi- or full-comp. It even had the extra parts for switching from one to the other.
 
Nice to see a Phase Linear crowd and all the cool pics! My 400 didn't have LEDs but I installed a board that had them cause I liked the blue.

Glad you got everything figured out over at the other forum. It is an amazing wealth of knowledge and will direct you where to go with your project

FYI the WO boards do not assume full comp. When I got my board it came with two separate instructions based upon quasi- or full-comp. It even had the extra parts for switching from one to the other.

Yes I had not seen a 700 before. Looks like a impressive beast. BTW the Led's on my 200 are red. if I am lighting them all up something's gonna blow. Can I borrow your Cornwall's?
 
I'm a sucker for those big VU meters. I have worked on some pretty sweet amps that have had big meters. I wanted to keep them all. SAE 2500 is another cool one.

I had a chance to pick up a mesa boogie baron for dirt cheap but had an issue with one channel. At the time I was just starting out with stereo repair and wasn't sure if I could fix it. Now it would have been a simple fix. Kick myself every time I think about it. Those meters were awesome!

And the Cornwalls are never leaving my house... ;)
 
I wish Joe, (of White Oak Audio), would make that control board in independent left/right boards. You could make a PL 400 from scratch as dual mono-blocks.
 
Back
Top Bottom