• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Philips 437

Changing the cartridge of a Philips 437

I've got a Philips 437 turntable and I would like to change its current Philips 400 cartridge. The thing is I don't know how to remove the tonearm in order to get access to the screws holding the cartridge. Does anybody has experience with this? Any advice? It doesn't seems very straightforward to me. I'm planning to install a brand new Audio-Technica AT95E. Cheers!
 
Was working on a 437 today and indeed the motor does vibrate even when in the "off" position. Anyone know what size belt this one takes?
 
My Philips 437 acts exactly the same way and works fine.

My Philips 437 acts exactly the same way and works fine. I have encountered several older belt drive turntables that feel the same when "off".
 
Back
Top Bottom