• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Philips AD 11600 tweeters in original Large Advents

nickdinatale

Active Member
Recently picked up a paid of original bullnose Large Advents off of Craigslist for like $20. They have the original tweeters swapped out for Philips AD 11600s. I've spent a fair amount of time listening to them and I've liked it so far. My main question here is whether I'm missing out by not having the original Advents? Would love to hear some opinions.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4054.jpg
    IMG_4054.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 29
Register to hide this ad
Well, if you like it that's all that matters!

That being said, do you know if the previous owner modified the crossover to match the new tweeter? If not, then you should probably look for originals.

I don't think those Philips can play as low as the Advent "fried egg" tweeters (they were crossed over at 1,800hz I think). They may not last long if they are crossed over too low.
 
Well, if you like it that's all that matters!

That being said, do you know if the previous owner modified the crossover to match the new tweeter? If not, then you should probably look for originals.

I don't think those Philips can play as low as the Advent "fried egg" tweeters (they were crossed over at 1,800hz I think). They may not last long if they are crossed over too low.
Good point, didn't even think about looking to see if the crossover had been modified. I guess I have something else for my to-do list!
 
Back
Top Bottom