• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Phillips 7861 on ebay

Register to hide this ad
Yes, it is rated at 45 watts/channel and in 1 step down from th TOTL. This sale shows what happens when you take a unit that is usually below the radar AND show photos that make it look like a save from the local dump, a gargage or the local SA. Boy that is a unit looking for TLC. I have the 796 (seems to use the same circuits and boards, only different facia and meter layout) and it is a worthy receiver. Someone can have a pretty good deal for litle more than the cost of pickup or shipping I suspect. I got mine when there were no bids. At the time I was not actively searching for Philips receivers. Bought it for $10 and shipping to Canada was $35. Mine is in excellent+ physical and electrical condition with only a very minor facia scratch. The center tune meter needle is droopy with the unit off but when on electrically is working correctly.
 
antennae??

what's with these philips antennae? Looks like this one is sitting on top of the unit.
Is it the same antenna as on the 6731 tuner? I have a lead on one of these tuners locally. I'll know this weekend. probably in the 200 range..
 
Had not noticed it but it would appear the mounting bracket may be broken since they do not swing all the way up like that on the receivers. On the 6731, the bracket is different and it can swing all the way up and quite a bit above the tuner case.
 
Back
Top Bottom