• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Phillips 7961 speaker hook up

IowaIH

New Member
Hello! I am new to the forum, (just found it) but have always been a fan of vintage audio! I have a question, (it might be a dumb one); I recently picked up a Phillips High Fidelity Laboratories 7961 reciever because my phono circuit on my Yamaha CR640 quit working. The speaker terminals on the back of the Phillips are labeled: (R) (C) (C) (L) >A channel
(R) (C) (C) (L) >B channel
What does the C mean? And how would I hook up 4 speakers to it? Any help would be great thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to Ak. And your Phillips is a nice sounding unit. Last of the Magnavox. A Magnavox 1500 left over.
 
Welcome!

(R) (C) (C) (L)

(R) = Right speaker or Right channel
(C) = Common
(C) = Common
(L) = Left speaker or Left channel

A = is the main stereo left & right speakers
B = is for another pair of left and right speakers for a total of 4 speakers.

Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top Bottom