• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Phyllis Diller Dies...

Register to hide this ad
Ahhh Cool Breeze!

As a kid I would sit with my grandmother watching her on the ole B/W tv set. Sad loss to the comedy genre. What a crazy laugh too...

Rome
 
I'm not big on comedy, but from what I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), she was from St. Louis, MO. It surely had to happen a really long time ago (before they started keeping records, probably!)...Seriously, she was a very funny lady, and like the true original comic greats, she will of course be greatly missed. It just seems that the originators, like in music, are going fast. I see them (the Jonathan Winterses, the George Carlins, to name a younger early great of the television era) as innovating the craft, with all those coming after (myself included, in music) riding in on their coattails.
 
A lot of women comedians owe her big time. :yes:
I almost bought this last week...

R-150-2311676-1330911867.jpeg


RIP, Phyllis Diller
 
Phyllis was never dirty, never mean-except to herself & Fang-& she was out there, by herself, when no other women were...RIP, Ms Driver...You'll be missed...
 
Ahhh Cool Breeze!

As a kid I would sit with my grandmother watching her on the ole B/W tv set. Sad loss to the comedy genre. What a crazy laugh too...

Rome


Hey Teach,

We were watching her too on a B/W set. Had to go to Nana & Bumpa's house to see color tv.:D
 
The lady of a thousand wigs. The original Mrs. Robinson was a staple in her act.
A very funny lady. Rest in Peace. Here's a couple more images from Google.
 

Attachments

  • phyllis2.jpg
    phyllis2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 10
  • phyllis.jpg
    phyllis.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 9
I'm not big on comedy, but from what I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), she was from St. Louis, MO. It surely had to happen a really long time ago (before they started keeping records, probably!)...Seriously, she was a very funny lady, and like the true original comic greats, she will of course be greatly missed. It just seems that the originators, like in music, are going fast. I see them (the Jonathan Winterses, the George Carlins, to name a younger early great of the television era) as innovating the craft, with all those coming after (myself included, in music) riding in on their coattails.

I blogged about her death (http://mindseyemusic.blogspot.com) here. She once starred in a production of The Wizard Of Oz in St. Louis.
 
The lady of a thousand wigs. The original Mrs. Robinson was a staple in her act.
A very funny lady. Rest in Peace. Here's a couple more images from Google.

She wasn't bad looking at all, when she was younger. I only remember seeing her on TV, where she purposely made herself look, umm, different, so somehow it never occured to me, that she might be good-looking. :scratch2: ;) R.I.P. Phyllis.
 
I knew either Phyllis Diller, Jerry Lewis or Mickey Rooney were going to go before Labor Day. I saw her Bio. She traveled around the Country doing standup while her husband stayed at home.
 
Loved her when I was a kid in the 70's we would watch her and crack up. I remember a joke about Burt Reynolds, another fave of the family. It went something like.
"Burt Reynold once asked me out, I was in his room." :)
RIP Funny Lady condolences to her family saw her not that long ago on tv, she has 6 children.
 
A very funny lady. I remember her being on those Bob Hope specials. Not to mention her last movie was the Pixar film A Bugs Life. She will be missed.
 
Back
Top Bottom