• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Picked up a Fisher 400 - need a source for one part

A couple years ago I got into my first vintage Fisher restoration project (an 800 TA) and after recapping & modifications (eg. output tubes bias adjustment, compensating for the shift in the volume control, etc.) I love the sound. So, when I had a chance last weekend to pick up a 400 (later production I think, s/n 75461) in decent shape for $200 I snapped it up. I've not gotten into it yet. I'm still gathering information and have noted the threads here regarding the noose circuit and other things, but I already know of a couple things I'll need. For one, I was lucky enough to get a factory service manual with the 800 but no such luck with the 400, so I'm looking for a link to one. Also I'm going to need some of the gold colored covers (caps?) for the knobs, so I you know of a source, please point me that way.

This may be more of a winter time project for me, but I'll be back & forth eventually for this. Great group.


Dave
in soggy Iowa
 
Register to hide this ad
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom