• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Picked up a G5700 Receiver today: What a beaut!!

sealy

Addicted Member
I actually traded a Dual 606 turntable for this pristine example of a Sansui G5700. It's been a long time since I last had a vintage receiver of this quality, back in the '70's as far as I can recollect. I think it was a great deal, but the guy seemed happy with the turntable, so we're both happy.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Congrats! I snagged its little brother, the G-4700 last night, but mine needs output trannys. How does it sound?
 
I've got a 5700 I rescued from the trash. I love it. It has served duty in the garage the shop and then the bedroom. It is taking a break now but will get rotated back in somewhere. Enjoy.
 
I actually traded a Dual 606 turntable for this pristine example of a Sansui G5700. It's been a long time since I last had a vintage receiver of this quality, back in the '70's as far as I can recollect. I think it was a great deal, but the guy seemed happy with the turntable, so we're both happy.

sure it is a beauty! i have the big brother g 8700 db, beautifull receivers IMO
 
Congrats! I snagged its little brother, the G-4700 last night, but mine needs output trannys. How does it sound?
Pretty darn good! I tried some comparisons with my other Sansui set-up of relatively the same genre, same type of dc servo amplifier - a T-80 tuner and an A-80 amp. I'd give the edge to the 5700. It has a bit more power and it looks so darn good. It also looks virtually new, inside and out. Must have been stored for a long time. A bit dusty and that's all. Lucky me!
 
nice sealy! I have one and if the tranny is original in mine, it's gotta be one of the biggest I ever seen in a 75watter!!
 
Back
Top Bottom