• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Picked up a pair of Goodman Maximus 1 Speakers

Scrpio

New Member
Hi everyone. I lucked into a pair of Goodman Maximus 1 speakers. A friend of mine found these while doing a house clean out job and I was lucky enough to get them for a great price. They're a solid 9.5 out of 10. I had never heard of them until a few days ago. They sound amazing for their size. The tweeters really are crisp and the mids and lows are impressive for such a small compact design. I would really like to hear the opinions you guys have about these speakers. I have 3 audio setups in my home. I've got 2 surround sound setups, both are driven by yamaha receivers, RXA-710 with Mirage Nanosats in the corners, Mirage 8" powered subs an Infinity center on one and a Polk center on the other. Both setups sound amazing to us, although I'm sure there is much room for improvement. My third system is for the outside. Pretty basic setup. Yamaha receiver, into a beheringer DEQ-2496 ultracurve pro eq, into an old radio shack 250 watt amp, feeding a pair of QSC AD-S282H wall mounted speakers. Any opinions or comments on the Goodman Maximus 1's is greatly appreciated. I have a chance to pickup a Pioneer SX-1250, which I know is dynamite. Would these little speakers pair well with that receiver? I would have the Maximus 1's and a pair of Celestion Ditton 25's on the Pioneer SX-1250, with a PL-518 turntable? I'm new to the vintage hifi setups. If not these speakers, what speakers should I be looking for? I would really appreciate some educated input from you guys.
Thanks!
Anthony20200808_191851.jpg 20200808_191745.jpg 20200808_192317.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom