Rex81
Well-Known Member
I’ve been enjoying my Boston CR9 stacked on Kenwood LS408c lately, but alas, I got the bug again and decided I wanted to try out some Realistic speakers just for giggles. I was close to pulling the trigger on a pair of Mach Twos but at the last minute found a pair of Optimus 7s! I figured I can check out the Machs later. You don’t see a pair of Optimus 7 every day and they’ve been very favorably reviewed around here as being the most accurate (dare I say realistic?) Realistic speakers ever engineered.
Well I got them home and I’m impressed. Easily the nicest speaker I’ve ever owned and one of the best I’ve ever heard. I got them home late so only had a chance to listen to them for a few minutes, but WOW! Smooth highs, pronounced but clean mids, plenty of nice tight bass. I dig ‘em. Plus they’re frickin’ beautiful! Full walnut veneer, metal lattice work, furniture grade in every way. I’d say this pair is a 9.5 out of 10. You have to get really close to see a flaw. I can’t wait to get out of work to listen more. I’m happy!
A couple of pics, one next to the LS408c. These things are pretty big, but they fit in nicely.
Well I got them home and I’m impressed. Easily the nicest speaker I’ve ever owned and one of the best I’ve ever heard. I got them home late so only had a chance to listen to them for a few minutes, but WOW! Smooth highs, pronounced but clean mids, plenty of nice tight bass. I dig ‘em. Plus they’re frickin’ beautiful! Full walnut veneer, metal lattice work, furniture grade in every way. I’d say this pair is a 9.5 out of 10. You have to get really close to see a flaw. I can’t wait to get out of work to listen more. I’m happy!
A couple of pics, one next to the LS408c. These things are pretty big, but they fit in nicely.