• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Picked up some Edgarhorns

cjwebber

Active Member
Hey guys -

I've always wanted to try out a pair of Edgarhorn's and finally found a pair.

These look a bit different then most Edgarhorns I've seen out there. They measure 12" at the opening at 7.5" in length. I've emailed Mr. Edgar to see if I can find any information about them.

I was quite surprised how different these sound than my JBL 2397s...now gotta figure out a mount for my tweeters and my horns...

I'd love to remove the stain and finish them with a natural stain. Any recommendations on how to go about this?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8442.jpg
    IMG_8442.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8443.jpg
    IMG_8443.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 68
Register to hide this ad
I don't think I have run across this manufacturer before, looks to be quite interesting. Thanks for sharing, now I have some research to do and more to learn. :thmbsp:
 
Very, very nice. I have a set of the even smaller salad bowls by Edgar. I believe those are 650hz? And since they are tractrix would be best crossed at 1K. Doucanoe will know for sure.
 
I spoke with Dr. Bruce Edgar himself -

He told me these are 400hz made out maple butcher. Only a few were made.

I'm glad to own them. I have them crossed at 800hz right now and am loving them!
 
Back
Top Bottom