• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pickering cartridge identification help

imready

it's good to be the king!
I have a pickering V-15 cartridge I'm trying to identify so iI can set the tracking force correctly. The only identification on the cartridge body is on the bottom and only says v-15 / pat no. 3297831 /Plainview N.Y.. Cartridge body is black. It has a D-5-E stylus in grey with a very short cantilever. I went to the cartridge data base but iI couldn't identify it there. This sounds better than I expected and I'm wondering how much better it will sound after alignment and correct tracking force are set. Any Pickering experts out there?:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
The D-5-E was a .5mil elliptical stylus used in Pickering V-15/181E, /220E, /510E, /605E and a few others. Pickering had literally hundreds of submodels of the V-15 which were decent, but not exceptional pickups.

I think I have a Pickering brochure around somewhere if you'd like. PM me with an e-mail address for a decent sized PDF file.
 
I was gonna suggest that it was the stylus that determined tracking. From Pfanstiehl: D5E 1-2 gms tracking. This is a 'private label" stylus. pfanstiehl says it is a 600-D5E, but freely subs for a 605-DEM which is the V-15/AME-3 tracking at 3/4 to 1.5 grams. Remember to add 1 gram of tracking force for the brush.
 
Back
Top Bottom