• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pictures of interesting picture and/or colored vinyl?

leesonic

Captured on security camera...
Subscriber
Anyone got any pictures of interesting picture discs and/or colored vinyl?

I'm affraid the only picture discs I have are 12" singles by the same sad disco/pop band "Sparks". The tracks are "Beat the clock" and "Tryouts for the human race".

I've attached pictures of both the discs, the sleeves have matching sized holes in the middle, and continue on the picture from the disc onto the sleeve.

I used to have one other interesting disc, but it got lost a while ago. There is a chocolate candy bar sold in England called "Yorkie". They used to advertise it with a guy driving a big rig type truck, promoting the fact that it was a big, chunky bar of chocolate. The theme song to the commercial was released, and limited editions of it were sold in a "Yorkie" styled wrapper. The vinyl itself was chocolate brown, and it was a 7" by 12" rectangle.

Lee.
http://www.youtube.com/crazyleesonic
 

Attachments

  • beattheclock.jpg
    beattheclock.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 47
  • tryouts.jpg
    tryouts.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 51
Register to hide this ad
That's pretty cool looking ! I have a ton of weird things , Hopefully i can get the time to take some photos at some point .
 
I have some Disney "collector" picture disks that are very nicely done. Being from Disney, these are probably fairly common. When I was a kid I had lots of "GOLDEN BOOK" and other picture disks, mostly 45s. Of course, my mom tossed them all when I was in summer camp in 1964. She also tossed all of my comic books, including some first edition MARVELS that were in stunningly good condition. I could almost retire on what I could get for those today.....sigh!

Will Smith was right. Sometimes "parents just don't understand."
 
I've found the Yorkie record, on eBay UK!
 

Attachments

  • yorkie.jpg
    yorkie.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom