• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pierre Boulez, R.I.P.

guiller

Toscaninichus Australis
Rest in Peace, dear Pierre.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/07/arts/music/pierre-boulez-french-composer-dies-90.html?_r=0

images
 
Register to hide this ad
I recently started listening to more classical music. I found Boulez' music and conducting quite interesting... he quickly became a favorite.

I am sorry to read of his passing.
 
I was at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on Wednesday (the day after he died) and the did a nice tribute for him. The Chairman gave a short speech about his significance to them and then a small ensemble played a piece by Bach, conductor-less, followed by a moment of silence. It was a nice tribute.
 
Back
Top Bottom