• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pilot 240 Amplifier $155

Register to hide this ad
1. No knobs, not a single one ! Big problem. A whole set of the original knobs will probably cost you $100+
2. Tube is shown but will NOT be included.
3. There are 11 watchers and no purchase.

Given these information, I dont think this is a deal. The "11 watchers" tells all.
 
Last edited:
It had "best offer" so it might have sold for a lot less. I know it says "155.99" or whatever, but if it sold for anything less it would still say that.

The reason stuff like this is usually a terrible buy is that you can buy a whole one for like $250-300, and the tubes and knobs are worth much more than the difference in price. Stripped tube gear is just so depressing.
 
I've actually dealt with that seller before. He lives very close and often responds to my CL sale posts for vintage crap.

I don't think the price is out of line, that's a great integrated.
 
It had "best offer" so it might have sold for a lot less. I know it says "155.99" or whatever, but if it sold for anything less it would still say that.

The reason stuff like this is usually a terrible buy is that you can buy a whole one for like $250-300, and the tubes and knobs are worth much more than the difference in price. Stripped tube gear is just so depressing.

Yes I did realize they had a best offer and know how eBay works if someone makes a best offer. For a complete Pilot 240 with the cover and a decent faceplate 350+ is more accurate in today's market, even more depending on the tubes included.
 
Back
Top Bottom