• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

pilot 240 curtain of sound -correct hook up for internal and external speakers

philips fx82

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi to everyone. I have a pilot 240 curtain of sound amplifier. I do not have the owners manual. Can someone give me the details to hook up both the internal and external speakers correctly. I have included a picture of the connection panel in the back of the unit. I have the main speaker working but cannot seem to get the external speakers working, I am not using a center channel speaker. My thanks in advance
 

Attachments

  • pilot 240 speaker.jpg
    pilot 240 speaker.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 50
Register to hide this ad
What do you mean by internal and external speakers? Is the amp in a console? If using 2 main speakers:

You connect the left speaker negative wire to the "LFT" under the "main" marking, then the positive wire to the 4,8, or 16 ohm depending on your speakers.

The right speaker is the same, negative to "RT" under the main marking, then the positive to the correct ohm terminal.
 
The amp is a pull from a console. I have the main speakers connected correctly. I am trying to get the external speakers connected up so that I can switch between 2 sets of speakers or play both sets at the same time
 
I would think you would put the other speakers on the left and right under "extension" and then their positives to the same ohm tab as the main speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom