• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pilot 380 tuner

Ziradog

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Have a chance to pick one of these up at a decent price. This would be to pair with a Pilot 240 integrated amp.Not a lot of info on the web about it, appears to be the "better" of the 2 tuners Pilot offered at the time. Thoughts? Anyone have a service manual, SAMS or schematic for these?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Be patient, Ziradog. These folks will help you. Holidays are a busy time.

FWIW, we don't get many dogs here, asking questions about tube tuners. ;)
 
Merry Christmas!

I am plenty patient, hoping once Christmas is done that someone will chime in. I did buy the unit, it was not as nice as advertised but the price was adjusted accordingly. So far still haven't found a schematic or service manual (which with a tuner I will probably need). Thanks.
 
Sams and Beitman have no listings for it, short of factory service info I think you might be stuck on this one. Might be the same tuner guts as one of the receivers though. The 602M and 645M were out at the same time according to a 1962 ad I found.

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-High-Fidelity/60s/High-Fidelity-1962-Feb.pdf

its the second page.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 380 is basically the front end of one of the receivers without all the audio business and a much dinkier power supply.
 
Thanks. So far the 635m isn't much easier. The 380 was the "higher" of the tuners so I was guessing that one.
 
don't know how or if the tuners in those receivers are different. Might just be the higher power output stage is the difference. Only Pilot stuff I've fooled with is my SA-260 amp and FA-590 tuner/preamp.
 
Back
Top Bottom