• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pilot SA-232 shorting plug - which wires do I jump?

Register to hide this ad
Get a Room, Please! I hope you used insulated wire for the jumpers, or else touch and become part of an A.E.D.
 
Pick up an 11 pin octal with a cover if you can. Makes for a nice clean solution. With my SA-260, I also swapped out one of the power sockets for a switch. The way its wired, I can actually use it with an SP-210 to control the power, I just have to leave the switch on the amplifier on. I have an AK member's SP-210 on the bench for some work and I'm using the 260 as the power supply so doing it that way was awful convenient. Since I don't own a 210, I just leave the jumper plug in and control the power with the added switch. The CL-80 is mounted to the back of the switch too, I got a 3 terminal switch so one of the lugs is simply used as a tie point for the CL-80. Also a neat solution.
 
I wired up an 11-pin octal plug. I'm thinking about swapping a power socket for a switch, but I'm not sure I'll get to that.
 
I just didn't want to have to unplug the thing every time I needed to shut it off. The sockets were cracked and needed to go anyway so I figured it was a good excuse. I forget where I got the switch exactly but its a common slide type that had mount hole spacing exactly the same as the outlet it replaced. 10 amp rated too. That poor amp was hacked at in it's previous life, so I wanted to try to avoid doing any more real damage to it. The switch can be easily removed and a socket re-installed with no fuss.
 
Back
Top Bottom