• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pinnacle PN 60 opinions

Dear friends:

I greet with great pleasure, i want to buy a bookshelf speakers, i saw a Pinnacle speakers model PN 60 for sale, but i do not know Pinnacle´s performance,

I want to know your opinion about the performance of these speakers, thank you very much.
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a pair of Pinnacle AC 650 speakers about a year ago. I am not familiar with your model but mine sounded really good for a pair of bookshelf speakers. Give them a listen and judge for yourself. Good luck!
 
My old girlfriend had a pair hooked up to an Adcom GFA535. From what I can remember the PN 60 was a very nice sounding near field monitor. They were coherent and detailed. I think they could use a sub, the bass was fast and tight but not very deep and authoritative.
 
Last edited:
What Sleeper said. I had some Pinnacles I got at a hii fi shop back in Lawton, OK probably around 1993. Too me they were just very weak...probably were very inefficient. And for whatever Kenwood receiver I was running at the time, it was just a terrible choice.
 
Yea, the AC & PN series speaks are really nice & sleepers. I would love to own a pair of AC650 or 850 along with PN 6-8+ speaks. PN-8+ speakers are very nice sounding!

Rome
 
never heard a PN series that I didn't like. sometimes the port tube comes loose and you have to reglue them. So if you here something loose, chances are its the tube.
 
1+ on PN-8+ I really enjoy mine. Very detailed sound and amazing bass considering the cabinet size. They used Vifa drivers for these.
 
Dear friends:

I greet with great pleasure, i want to buy a bookshelf speakers, i saw a Pinnacle speakers model PN 60 for sale, but i do not know Pinnacle´s performance,

I want to know your opinion about the performance of these speakers, thank you very much.
I just bought a pair used. I was going to sell them but I was curious about them so I hooked them up to listen to I couldn't believe how good they sounded. I did a comparison to a variety of other bookshelf speakers I have: Polk three ways, JBL three ways, Boston Acoustics three ways, infinitys. These sounded better than all of them. More presence, a lot of bass response for their size and for being two ways.
 
I just bought a pair used. I was going to sell them but I was curious about them so I hooked them up to listen to I couldn't believe how good they sounded. I did a comparison to a variety of other bookshelf speakers I have: Polk three ways, JBL three ways, Boston Acoustics three ways, infinitys. These sounded better than all of them. More presence, a lot of bass response for their size and for being two ways.

Older post but I had to reply. My large Infinity RS5 speakers are currently broken and I'm waiting for a replacement tweeter so I hooked up my Pinnacle PN-60s to my main system. They're pretty much blowing my mind. These sound ridiculously good. Like unbelievably good.

Once the Infinities come back I'm going to do a proper comparison session. These will probably hold their own pretty darn well. Especially combined with my JBL sub.
 
I don't have the infinity speakers anymore so I didn't get to do this comparison unfortunately.

However, I recently got some Monitor Audio Silver S2 speakers. These go for $200+ on the used market. I just pitted the Pinnacles against these, kinda expecting the Monitor Audio speakers to be better, resulting in me upgrading my office setup with those.

But... No! The Pinnacles blow them out of the water. More bass and more detail and better imaging.

The Pinnacles are staying where they are.

They're SO under the radar. If I put both for sale I have no doubt I'd get quite a bit more money for the Monitor Audios but seriously they just got creamed by the Pinnacles.

I can't speak highly enough of these speakers. So damn nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom