• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer 9500 ll

Dana65

Active Member
Hello !
(Pioneer 9500 ll )
I'm troubleshooting my missing DC -30v rail that feeds the phono board # 024
I need some Clarification on D 21 #109 board it looks like it's definitely a Glass diode with a green band on it.
the schematics doesn't say whether it's the switching diode or zener diode ? When I measured le'v got 34+ volts on ether side and also I measured it in diode too and it failed .
So I AI to see what it had to say and it's suggesting l install .5 watt 13v zener ?
Pioneer dose it show it as a zenger diode.
Any thoughts on this thanks for your time.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260922_202920320_HDR_AE.jpg
    IMG_20260922_202920320_HDR_AE.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20260922_200259853_AE.jpg
    IMG_20260922_200259853_AE.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20260922_200219631_AE.jpg
    IMG_20260922_200219631_AE.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Hello !
(Pioneer 9500 ll )
I'm troubleshooting my missing DC -30v rail that feeds the phono board # 024
I need some Clarification on D21 #109 board it looks like it's definitely a Glass diode with a green band on it.
the schematics doesn't say whether it's the switching diode or zener diode ? When I measured le'v got 34+ volts on ether side and also I measured it in diode too and it failed .
So I AI to see what it had to say and it's suggesting l install .5 watt 13v zener ?
Pioneer dose it show it as a zenger diode.
Any thoughts on this thanks for your time.












Write your reply...
Insert multiple…
Post reply
Attach files
Share:
Share
Community platform by XenForo® © 2010-2025 XenForo Ltd.
 
The schematic shows a standard diode for D21 on board AWS-109, and that diode is identified as a 1S2472. If it fails diode testing (one leg lifted for test) then it can be replaced with the common 1N4148. I do not find any reference in the schematics or elsewhere that D21 is a Zener diode, it is indicated to be a standard diode. Just my opinion, hope that helps, good luck with your project!
 

Attachments

  • d21.jpg
    d21.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 8
You're spot on !
And that's what I was going to do but I just needed someone to clarify it .
Thank for your time much appreciated
 
The schematic shows a standard diode for D21 on board AWS-109, and that diode is identified as a 1S2472. If it fails diode testing (one leg lifted for test) then it can be replaced with the common 1N4148. I do not find any reference in the schematics or elsewhere that D21 is a Zener diode, it is indicated to be a standard diode. Just my opinion, hope that helps, good luck with your project!
Question ! How did get such perfectly clear photos of the schematic it looks awesome
 
On the AudioKarma database page for Pioneer amps here AK Database PDF Gallery - Pioneer Amps/Preamps/Integrated Amps there are two options for the SA9500II Service Manual... the first option "Pioneer SA9500II Service Manual 2" has poor resolution, blurry print. The second option "Pioneer SA9500II Service Manual" has a good clear print, and that is what I used. These manuals are free on AudioKarma :)
 
Back
Top Bottom