• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer cs-66e question

jhinkel

Super Member
Hey everyone, I own a pair of pioneer cs-66e speakers, and I have some huge questions about the screw terminals that you connect the speaker wire to. When I bought them, two of the screws were missing out of the terminals in the back of one speaker.

So, I've been trying for a while now to replace them, and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me with these questions....
1.) are the screws imperial or metric?
2.) if metric, what is the diameter and pitch of the screw? The screw checker I have says that the screws for the screw terminals are m4 screws with a .7 pitch, but new screws with the same diameter and pitch do not fit :scratch2:

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to give me!

-jhinkel-
 
Register to hide this ad
I too had a missing one on my "E"'s. The ends on the remaining screws are crimped to keep them in. They will expand the threads when they come out. Went to Ratshack and got a couple pair of 5 way Banana Plugs. Remove the remaining screw(s), and install the Banana plugs in the holes. Replace the caps. 2uf, 3uf and a 5uf. Parts express has nice Daytons fairly cheap. Only have about 2 hours on them so far but the mid's and high's brightened up a bit.

Larry
 
Back
Top Bottom