• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer cs-77 and cs-88 with KLH-6

rwren

Member
I broke into the vintage stereo scene as a beginner a couple years ago with Pioneer sx-737 receiver with a pair of KLH-6 speakers. A friend of mine wants to sell me his Pioneer speakers (77s and 88s) for 20 bucks. My question is would these be good replacements to my sixes or used in combination with? or best to stay where I'm at. I wouldn't mind adding a pair to the rear of my music room, but not sure if these are worth it.
 
Register to hide this ad
Keep the 6s, swap the 77s and 88s in/ out of service as your "B" speakers based on taste and mood. (That's the benefit of all the Xtra speakers we accumulate).

ETA - yes for the money the 77s and 88s are worth it.
 
For $20 yes.When and if the time comes to replace them you can easily sell them for more to fund some better speakers.
 
I'd buy the Pioneers, too. But, you would forever regret selling the KLH Sixes. Read hifi magazines from the 1960s and you will find that Model Sixes put KLH on the map. They were, and still are, highly regarded speakers.

GeeDeeEmm
 
Back
Top Bottom