• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CS-99A $229.00

Register to hide this ad
I have not auditioned these speakers but wow -- if it doesn't look like the top ofthe line kabuki "FB" is like microfiber cone material -- meh
 
Used to have a pair and never regretted passing them on for free. They were the hot item a VERY long time ago for Pioneer. Until you actually played them. They look like kabuki speakers because they were just thrown in a cabinet and called a speaker. Not much design to them. Some folks now like them fine and they seem to get a good price these days. Not my cup of tea at all. YMMV.
 
Say what you will about them, but the 99a can fetch three bills in my neck of the woods. Somebody must like them!
 
I haven't ever heard a pair so I can't comment on how they sound. If I did comment I'd just be repeating what I have read and it would have no merit whatsoever.

I do know that they usually bring more money than what these are listed for. I posted them just in case a Pioneer fan might be interested in them. I have no affiliation with the seller.
 
I disagree with all the haters. I really like them and love the bass. I have a pair now I am refinishing and will sell for $700 to $800. I have compared them to all my AR's, the HPM-100's, and a set of KLH5's I just got and they held up well to all of them. They were designed for 70's rock and shine with that music.

I also have a set of 88a's I am redoing and they will sell well also. Have a great sound to them.

The cabs are heavy duty and made well with gorgeous walnut veneer and the wood grills are classic. Very well made and far from kabuki. Unlike the AR's, they are beautiful with the grill off and the wood is finished inside also.

I actually preferred these over the JBL L166's I had here as those are long gone.
 
except for value to collector type listeners I had listened to several pairs of those and they are missing the dynamic range, they sound like the high end is missing and bass sound very dull .. to me anyway.
I'm an Infinity fan anyway ..

My .02
John
 
Back
Top Bottom