• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CS-A50 Level Pots

randye999

New Member
I have a pair of Pioneer CS-A50 that are based on the AS-305A kit that have issues with the level controls. Highs cut in and out causing speakers to be muffled at times. They are sealed so I tried Deoxit in a little screw hole without realizing until too late that they were connected to a nut inside that is now rattling in them. Question is, can these be bypassed like the AR or is there a suitable substitute to replace them with? I have searched everything I can and there are no local repair options. I really know nothing about resistance but am trying to learn.

Other than this the crossovers look brand new but am replacing the caps based on info here on AK.

Included photo.


Thanks for your help!
 

Attachments

  • Level Control.jpg
    Level Control.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 50
Register to hide this ad
Hi
Did you do the cap job on the cs-a50 speakers? If so could you give me a list of the caps so I can replace mine.
Thanks
Steve
 
Great speaker, i love Pioneer! I took the 16 screws of the back and sprayed de-oxit on the level controls and everything else.....lol..... no more cutting in and out and muffled sound......easy! The silver pots you have pictured pull off easily.....i know this is a old thread but here's a pic of my vintage set -up....Pioneer 6500ii amp, Pioneer cs-a50s, KEF C30s.....15268733662641683474440.jpg
 
Great speaker, i love Pioneer! I took the 16 screws of the back and sprayed de-oxit on the level controls and everything else.....lol..... no more cutting in and out and muffled sound......easy! The silver pots you have pictured pull off easily.....i know this is a old thread but here's a pic of my vintage set -up....Pioneer 6500ii amp, Pioneer cs-a50s, KEF C30s.....View attachment 1192737


Today I got lucky and got a pair. I like them so far. Do you think its worth recapping? How do you rate these compare to your other speakers?
 
Back
Top Bottom