• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CS loudspeakers , alnico magnets

vintage4

Active Member
Banned
I have a pair of vintage Pioneer CS500-A three way loudspeakers from the early 1970's . Curious to know if they have alnico magnets . I would like to purchase a larger vintage pioneer loudspeaker that has all alnico magnets , with a larger woofer than the 10 inch in this one . I like the tone that these type magnets produce in sound .

#1. Is there a way to tell if this loudspeaker has alnico magnets : Pioneer CS500-A ?

# 2. What vintage Pioneer CS series loudspeakers used all alnico magnets ?

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated . Thanks !
 
Register to hide this ad
I would think the only way to tell is look at the magnet.Also I would think early 70s already were using ceramic magnets.It is my understanding that most alnicos were phased out by the early 70s.
 
Back
Top Bottom