outnfront11
Active Member
Hello
I have a CT-F1250 tape deck. New belts and tires installed several years ago, but has been largely unused since then.
Attempting to play a tape and the idler tire slips on the take up reel
The FFW and RW work ok, and the PLAY BACK works when I remove the tape altogether.
Inserting a tape (Clear so I can see what the idler tire is doing) I can see that the idler slips on the reel wheel.
I thought maybe the reels needed lubrication, so I removed them and oiled the axles. This did not make a difference. I did not dismantle the reel assemblies themselves, but I did try to work some oil in between the two plastic wheels.
Is there something else going on that would cause excessive resistance when a tape is loaded, thus causing the tire to slip? If that is the case, I'm baffled as to why FFW and RW are working.
Any ideas would be much appreciated. By the way, I have cleaned the tire surface with alcohol to remove any possible oil on the surface. Is there a quick way to re-generate the tire temporarily to see if that is the issue? Or, maybe I just need to replace it.
Thanks for your help.
I have a CT-F1250 tape deck. New belts and tires installed several years ago, but has been largely unused since then.
Attempting to play a tape and the idler tire slips on the take up reel
The FFW and RW work ok, and the PLAY BACK works when I remove the tape altogether.
Inserting a tape (Clear so I can see what the idler tire is doing) I can see that the idler slips on the reel wheel.
I thought maybe the reels needed lubrication, so I removed them and oiled the axles. This did not make a difference. I did not dismantle the reel assemblies themselves, but I did try to work some oil in between the two plastic wheels.
Is there something else going on that would cause excessive resistance when a tape is loaded, thus causing the tire to slip? If that is the case, I'm baffled as to why FFW and RW are working.
Any ideas would be much appreciated. By the way, I have cleaned the tire surface with alcohol to remove any possible oil on the surface. Is there a quick way to re-generate the tire temporarily to see if that is the issue? Or, maybe I just need to replace it.
Thanks for your help.