• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer CT-F950 ground wire

Rusted8track

New Member
Hi,
I just changed the belts and rebuilt the rewind / ff motor on my Pioneer CT-F950. I have a ground wire connected to a 4 prong terminal behind the tape assembly. I can not remember where this connects to. It doesn’t appear to impact the performance but I would like to reconnect. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • AB8D31C2-684F-48E6-91FE-0AFE405B05E9.jpeg
    AB8D31C2-684F-48E6-91FE-0AFE405B05E9.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 17
  • D4FB22BD-4FB2-4A31-8DC8-C9E1ECA2611F.jpeg
    D4FB22BD-4FB2-4A31-8DC8-C9E1ECA2611F.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 441D4E79-45B9-4266-B20F-0E8E260AFF2A.jpeg
    441D4E79-45B9-4266-B20F-0E8E260AFF2A.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 17
Register to hide this ad
Is the transport block made out of plastic? Later Pioneers switched to plastic, and perhaps it's home is on a metal component within the transport block-to eliminate ground hum.
 
Yes, it is made out of plastic. I believe you are correct that it needs to connect to a metal component. Just cant figure out which one and am having a hard time finding it in the service manual.
 
Perhaps look for a fastener on the transport block that hits metal, ideally near the head mounting block.

Have you tested record/play, to listen for hum?
 
Back
Top Bottom